Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial real estate attorney to be based in Singapore to fill the position of Associate Corporate Counsel – Real Estate supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com.
AWS is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers, and more. As part of the AWS real estate legal team, you will work on a team responsible for supporting AWS's worldwide data center expansion.
You will have transactional drafting and negotiation responsibilities on deals, and will provide ongoing legal counsel and contract interpretation to business team members on a day-to-day basis. These transactions range from standard contracts to complex, high value agreements. You will structure, draft and negotiate agreements, help support AWS real estate’s existing portfolio, manage outside counsel, and advise internal business clients. In addition, you will help develop, implement, and manage process improvements across the team, resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Amazon offers its attorneys the opportunity to develop their experience and career with one of the world's most recognized and dynamic brands. Competitive salary includes equity.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Enthusiastic and enjoys working hard, being challenged, and working in a fun, team-oriented environment
· Demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Proficient analytical, written and oral communication, and client interaction skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· At least 2 full years of legal experience as a transactional real estate attorney at a law firm, drafting and negotiating real estate documents (i.e. leases, lease amendments, purchase and sale agreements, easements, etc.)
· Licensed to practice and in good standing