Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for talented and motivated attorneys to manage our growing business as we expand into new countries and to support international trade and supply chain regulatory matters for our global and rapidly evolving Amazon Web Services businesses. You will be responsible for counseling the businesses on a broad range of supply chain regulatory and commercial matters, including on cutting-edge areas of developing international trade and supply chain law. You will work directly with the businesses you support, serving as counsel and providing strategic input on global expansion, import/export compliance, logistics, transportation, and supply chain commercial transactions and initiatives. You will collaborate with attorneys across the globe to develop innovative international trade, sales, transportation and supply chain solutions. You will provide day-to-day guidance on trade regulations, and advise on upcoming regulatory changes and enforcement trends including in new and emerging areas of law. You will employ creative approaches to resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, including pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. You will develop and improve trade policies and procedures, including working cross-functionally with technology teams to implement automated solutions.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join a collaborative, tight-knit team that is leading exciting and pioneering global initiatives as part of a business that is making history. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
· Great business judgment
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
· Ability to demonstrate sound and practical business judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple and varying mission-critical projects at once, and to follow through and meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Exceptional academic qualifications
· 2+ years of experience practicing law
· Regulatory, international trade and/or supply chain experience preferred