Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
Lawyers at Audible are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. The Audible Legal team works in a dynamic environment where pioneering on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate Corporate Counsel you will support Audible’s UK and wider European business. You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating strategic agreements with content and production partners, advising on marketing materials and business development opportunities, and providing legal support for local and regional services and initiatives.
We are looking for somebody who is customer-obsessed, enjoys being challenged, can work independently, and deliver sound advice in ambiguous situations.
· Demonstrates organizational, analytical and communication skills
· Prioritizes and runs a large number of projects at once in a fast-moving environment
· Collaborates and builds relationships with lawyers and business owners
· Experience advising on consumer and marketing law matters
· Proficiency in an additional European language
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics. We support flexible work options to assist all members to balance their work, life and family responsibilities. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please email UKRecruitment@audible.co.uk
· UK qualified lawyer with 2+ years’ PQE
· Trained and qualified at an international law firm
· Post-qualification experience supporting a digital media or content business as a member of, or on secondment to, an in-house team
· Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts