Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department.
We are looking for a talented attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Digital Video business.
You’ll be an integral part of the legal team responsible for counseling Amazon’s streaming video businesses on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters. You will be responsible for structuring, drafting, and negotiating commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic issues and deals, providing day-to-day input on business strategy, advising on the launch of new products and features, resolving issues that arise in commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
You will develop strategies for addressing legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, and you will build processes that address risk and enable flexibility and speed.
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a range of legal domains, including intellectual property, digital media, privacy, and regulatory compliance, and structuring, drafting and negotiating simple as well as complex technology, distribution, licensing, marketing, and other commercial agreements. Some travel may be required.
· 3+ years' experience practicing law, preferably with some portion of that experience in technology and commercial transactions
· 2+ years in a top national or international law firm, preferably in a transactional role
· Experience making difficult decisions in ambiguous situations
· Experience working autonomously while also contributing to cross-functional teams
· Expertise or experience with copyright
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
· In-house experience is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· JD degree and membership in at least one state bar is required
· At least 2 full years of experience practicing law