Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented occupational health and safety attorney based in Arlington to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers, and more.
This Associate Corporate Counsel will join a global legal team responsible for counseling AWS on a broad range of regulatory compliance matters relevant to our data center infrastructure operations, including health and safety, environmental, trade, and products. As part of this team, you will provide occupational health and safety legal counsel to the AWS Data Center Safety team for the eastern United States region, as well as various other engineering and operations teams. You will also have the opportunity to support the centralized Health and Safety Compliance team in several global initiatives, as well as collaborate with attorneys around the globe to support pioneering business initiatives and gain intimate knowledge about how our data centers operate. Some domestic travel will be required.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience
· Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Ability to work both independently and as a part of a cross-functional team
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree and membership in at least one state bar is required.
· Between 2 and 5 years of post-admission legal experience, preferably with some portion of that experience in occupational health and safety regulatory compliance.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills.