Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a smart, motivated Associate Corporate Counsel to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more. This attorney will primarily support AWS' international expansion efforts, working cross-functionally with a number of internal teams to plan and execute international expansion strategies. They will also support our global economic development and incentives portfolio. This attorney will provide ongoing legal counsel for senior executives and other business team members.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard, being challenged, and working in a fun, team-oriented environment. They must also demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Competitive salary includes equity.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Sound and practical business judgment
· A proven ability to manage a large number and variety of critical projects, often in ambiguous environments
· International legal experience
· Familiarity with data center operations
· Experience advising on regulatory compliance, particularly regarding telecommunications or data protection
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Juris Doctor degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
· At least two years of legal practice at a top law firm or as in-house counsel