Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented lawyer for an Associate Corporate Counsel position supporting Amazon’s growing international grocery business.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. We strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. The team works in a dynamic environment where pioneering on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
· Providing day-to-day legal support to the international grocery business team
· Supporting on regulatory compliance for Amazon’s international grocery businesses
· Drafting and negotiating strategic commercial agreements.
· Developing strategies for handling legal issues in creative, efficient, and business-centric ways.
· Helping your business teams launch new features.
· Resolving issues arising in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
This role will be based in London, United Kingdom and will report into the Senior Corporate Counsel for International Grocery. Some travel may be required.
The successful candidate will be proactive, entrepreneurial, enjoy being challenged, have strong written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate sound, pragmatic judgment in ambiguous situations.
· Prior experience of advising on regulatory compliance matters.
· Prior in house experience (which may have been gained through a secondment)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Exceptional academic qualifications
· Post-qualification legal experience gained at an international law firm and/or in-house, with a minimum of 2+ years of post qualification experience
· Transactional experience, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Team player who can effectively collaborate and build relationships with lawyers and business leaders throughout the international organization.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage a large number of projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines.
· Business acumen combined with the ability to identify optimal solutions, including novel, creative and innovative solutions to complex issues.
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment