Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Database Migration Global Delivery (DMGD) team enables and supports global enterprises in their journey from on-premise database to AWS. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Hyderabad and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success.
· Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams
· Analyze on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
· Develop/Enhance database PLSQL scripts to migrate from source database to target database
· Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
· Automate solutions for repeatable problems
· Develop test plan and testcases to demonstrate database readiness post migration
· Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
· Help design and implement AWS RDS and Aurora architectures and configurations for customer
· Work closely with AWS RDS, Aurora, DMS and SCT teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
· Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
· Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
· Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
· Scripting language (bash, Perl, python)
· Experience in Database Administration – backup/restore, replication, etc.
· Experience in ETL workflow management
· Experience in non-relational databases – DynamoDB, Mongo, etc.
· Experience in MPP data warehouse solutions – Redshift, Greenplum, etc.
· 7+ years of experience in database development/migration using DB2, Sybase
- Must have development experience on DB2 and SYBASE
· 2+ years hands-on experience on PostgreSQL , SYBASE, DB2
· Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
· Experience with heterogenous database migrations from one database engine to another
· Experience in performance optimization techniques
· Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent
· AWS Solutions Architect Certified
· High end Troubleshooting and Communication skills