The Amazon Fresh Physical Store Grocery team is looking for an Associate Category Manager based in Seattle. You will lead multiple facets of the business (e.g., buying/vendor management, product management, operations, marketing/merchandising) and identify growth opportunities. He/she will be able to deliver results at both a strategic and tactical levels across all aspects of the business.
You will have accountability for the business results of your product subcategories. Your direct responsibility will be to manage performance of the product portfolio including developing and growing vendor relationships, expanding product selection and vendor base, negotiating contracts, setting category strategy, developing marketing programs, driving sales and margin improvements and creating best-in-class customer experiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer experience, business and product sense combined with solid understanding of technical concepts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. High judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent, exceptional communications, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• A background (2+ years) in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing in related industries like retail and consumer packaged goods
• Experience negotiating, managing external relationships, and working cross-functionally
• Effectively manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of professional or military work experience
· Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and processes
· Strong analytic skills and expertise in Excel.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.