Job Description – Associate - Catalog, EN
Are you eager to make a huge impact on Amazon's ability to drive business development? Are you an energetic person ready to work with Amazon vendors to increase selection, build lasting vendor relationship and help them be successful. Then this is the position for you.
Retail Business Services (RBS) is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designated to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog.
The Catalog Associate is the entry level role in the RBS organization. In this role, the individual works on one or more critical programs/tasks for a particular retail product category. These tasks include (but are not limited to) populating content for the product catalogs on the Amazon Web Site, interacting/coordinating with vendors/manufacturers, identifying and correcting errors/complaints, maintaining records of work received and work performed. The individual is expected to perform these tasks by using fair judgment in understanding instructions provided by the Process Lead/Manager.
· Handle the day-to-day volumes of the assigned tasks and ensure the given SLA are met per quality standards
· Ability to work overtime as required by business
· Maintain records of day-to-day work by updating trackers to reflect work done
· If there is a possible default on SLAs or quality, flag the escalation in time to the manager or lead
· Interacting and coordinating with vendors/buyers to accurately reflect the Amazon catalog for price, product details and other product-related information
· Flexible with working shifts, including night shifts (US hours, if required).
· Willingness to take initiatives & responsibilities including working outside of the "standard" work day
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· Strong business communication skills – ability to communicate with internal/external stakeholders clearly and concisely
· MS Excel proficiency – ability to mine voluminous data for specific detail according to instructions provided
· Strong analytical skills – Ability to do high school level arithmetic
· Familiarity with navigating the internet – research techniques on the internet and finding required information quickly
· Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
· Ability to dive deep into a problem, perform ‘Root Cause Analysis’ and identify constraints to recommend a solution – on this, we will test the candidate’s ability to think logically through a given issue, structure their thoughts, identify the problem correctly and then recommend appropriate solutions
· Ability to deal with ambiguity – use discretion and judgment to take decisions on critical business tasks based on available information