Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a member of the APAC Regional Finance and Accounting team, the Assistant Finance Manager (12 month contract) will work closely with the local Audible Singapore and the Audible Australia teams to support the growth of Audible in the APAC region.
This is a hands-on individual contributor role which requires the right candidate to demonstrate knowledge of local tax and accounting requirements, a strong work ethic, and a knack for getting things done in a fast-moving environment.
As an Assistant Finance Manager, you will;
· Individual contributor role assisting in the completion of month, quarter, and year end close for both Audible SG and Audible AU;
· Working with SG and AU teams to ensure accurate timely submission of monthly reporting;
· Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, including intercompany reconciliations;
· Preparing journals for month end close;
· Assist with statutory accounting and external filings including liaising with external auditors and governmental bodies;
· Monthly and quarterly royalty processing (preparation, review and payments);
· Back up for Accounts Payable processes
· Liaison with various Amazon teams on Audible SG and Audible AU financial processes
· Any ad hoc tasks as assigned
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills including fluent written and oral English language skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment, and working with diverse groups of stakeholders to set up new operations and processes from scratch.
· Analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for details;
· Strong track record of handling multiple priorities and meeting timelines.
· Hands-on Workday and Oracle Financials with team experience will be a plus.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world's leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance/ Accounting with CPA/Chartered Accountant or similar professional qualification;
· Demonstrable experience in Accounting or Controlling.
· Excel skills a must.
· Knowledge of relevant accounting standards (US GAAP/ IFRS/ SFRS) and relevant tax laws.