ABOUT AMAZON OPERATIONS
Operation is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing in South East Asia! Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Watch videos on career in Amazon Operations at
An inside look at our fulfillment center during COVID-19 at
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon Associates; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving. This role is located in Singapore.
· Supporting all safety programs and compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
· Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
· Leading and developing a team of Amazon associates
· Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
· This is a hands-on role that requires you to work closely with your team on the shop floor to solve problems and remove barriers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Age / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· You have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field.
· You have over 3 years of management experience in a logistics distribution or E-commerce fulfillment operation environment.
· You are leader and exhibit that in you every day work. You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
· You enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You typically volunteer to lead projects and help your team achieve goals. You have a track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· You like adventures and taking risks. You are willing to relocate to any of our sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· You see value in long term thinking and large scale impact to a company. You have interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings across the nation.
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a fast-moving environment.
· You take ownership in your work and your team’s performance metrics. You are flexible to work overtime during Amazon’s peak season, and able to manage complex shifts schedule planning (nights, weekends, etc.), emergency responds and organize multiple tasks simultaneously.
· You pride yourself in leading others; you have direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance. Ability to lead large teams of direct reports (up to 120 associates).
· You have an eye for efficiency and have experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives. You are able to innovate and simplify current practices.