Amazon is seeking for Area Manager Jr. for one our Fulfillment Centers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are the safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department:
· Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives
· Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
· Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· You and your team of warehouse associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
· You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. You are obsessed with customer experience and understand the importance of a 24/7 operations. You are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.)
· Leading and developing a team of 100-300 hourly associates by embodying Amazon’s Leadership Principles
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives using Lean tools to delight customers
· In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed……innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
· Additional Job Elements:
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
· Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation.