Since opening our virtual doors in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
We’re also seeking an organised, motivated and technically skilled Operations Area Manager who will drive innovation and execution excellence in our transportation network hub.
At a high level, you’ll keep several consistent, major deliverables in mind, including comprehensive process and workflow optimisation. Amazonians are always hungry to improve wherever they can, and in your role you’ll perform to the same standard.
As just one of your day-to-day duties, you will be managing a sortation operation: this will mean you oversee performance, and carry out any necessary dive deep investigations at weekly, monthly and annual intervals. This will help you ensure that your colleagues and peers all operate at optimum productivity levels.
Leading on from this, you will drive towards greater team efficiency. All throughout achieving this goal, you’ll balance your team’s efforts to improve, with their steadfast commitment to outstanding customer service. Together as one team, you’ll exceed productivity goals, and ensure that Amazon continues to delight the customer, and exceed expectations wherever possible.
• Overseeing the operation that focuses on the sortation and delivery of Amazon orders to customers
• Support your team of supervisors and the operations leadership team in daily management of the sortation centre, including allocating labour, directing meetings, assigning job responsibilities, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
• Working to multiple KPIs
• Thinking strategically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and great organisational skills.
• Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to bring about improvements.
• Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
• Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences.
• Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions.
• Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
• Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions
The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, innovative, progressive environment. If you have a quality focused, customer-centric industry background which carries with it experience of working in a exciting, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd like to hear from you.
Shift Pattern: 1800 to 0430, Wed to Sat
• Degree or Masters in Engineering, Operations or related field is a plus
• 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
• Interest in long-term career development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· Degree qualification or equivalent
· Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment operations as well as high-quality technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
· A forward thinker, with an ability to handle high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
· Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and investigative skills
· Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows you need to adapt to changes in management
· Direct management experience for employees and their performance
· Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas