Amazon.com, Inc. is an US based multinational electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Jeff Bezos founded Amazon.com, Inc. in 1994 and launched it online in 1995. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, CDs, MP3 downloads, computer software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, and toys.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon is seeking Area Managers for our Fulfillment Centers (FCs). Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Four key areas that you’ll always focus on are safety, quality, customer experience, and productivity of your department.
• Review the work forecasts and determine your productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
• Partner with other Area Managers to balance labor ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all of your goals.
• Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
• Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives using Lean tools
You and your team of warehouse associates are responsible for getting Amazon customers their orders. You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people, and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs.
In addition, one of the most important aspects of your job is to lead change at internet speed. Innovation has made us the global company that we are today.
ADDITIONAL JOB ELEMENTS:
• Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
• Walking inside FC and around with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
• Continual standing and/or walking
• Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, not air-conditioned
• Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
• Direct management experience for employees and their performance
• Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work on weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Degree in Engineering
• Experience in using Six sigma and Lean tools
• Advance Excel (SQL/VBA) skills preferred
• Bachelors degree from a reputed institution in operations or related field
• 3+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Management of a minimum of 15 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment)
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs