Description de l'offre
Location: Cambridge, UK
Compensation: Competitive Salary and benefits package
Posting Date: 23rd May 2018
Closing Date: 23rd June 2018
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built the Amazon Alexa, the Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, FireTV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. And this is just the beginning. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
As Applied Scientist II you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline
· 4+ years of industry experience
· 3+ years of experience in managing teams
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
· Familiarity with command-line environments and tools
· Sharp analytical abilities
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience in natural language processing.