Are you interested in designing and delivering solutions for complex and high impact business problems?
Amazon Retail Business Service team is looking for a senior engineer who can innovate to build high quality solutions for technically challenging problems in our roadmap. Our charter is to build solutions to automatically setup and enrich vendor submitted content. We own this functionality for all Amazon marketplaces and automatically process content in English, European, and Japanese languages. Our solutions have a direct impact on the product content visible to Amazon's end-customers.
As a SDE I on the team, you will help us build the solution that will push boundaries in automated validation and correction of free text content and other ASIN attributes. The ideal candidate will be an expert in applying Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning techniques to solve ambiguous solutions, or be keen and quick to ramp-up on them.
As a key member of this team, you will be accountable to develop scalable solutions using AWS technologies like DynamoDB, SQS, EMR, Lambda, etc to perform such corrections and measure their precision and recall. You will need to continuously learn and apply the latest NLP and ML techniques to progressively increase the volume we can process automatically without any drop in accuracy. Your solution's outcome will help avoid linear increase in Amazon expenses as the Amazon business continues to grow.
· Deep experience in building solutions using AWS services like DynamoDB, S3, RDS, SWF, Redshift, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis
· Prior experience in applying Natural language processing and Machine Learning techniques to build solutions
· Experience with Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive
· A bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field with 2+ years of experience in design and development of scaleable distributed systems
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and CS fundamentals
· Strong Design and Architecture skills
· Proficiency in Java/C++ or any OO language on a Linux/Unix environment and excellent coding skills
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Passion to learn and apply Natural language processing and Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems