Amazon Development Centre London is seeking an Applied Scientist to join the Prime Video Builder Tools team. The Applied Scientist will be a core contributor and help the team to innovate, automate, and design systems that make it easier and faster for Prime Video to identify anomalies across within our systems. You will lead the technical delivery of new cutting edge, anomaly detection tooling that streamlines operational excellence for Game Consoles, Set Top Boxes and SmartTVs that stream Amazon Video content and you will also be responsible for maintaining code bases for some of the world's most popular devices.
This position requires drive and self-motivation, superior analytical thinking, data-driven disposition, application of technical knowledge to a business context, effective collaboration with fellow scientists, software development engineers, and product managers, effective communication of technical designs to technical and non-technical audiences, and close partnership with many stakeholders from operations, finance, IT, and business leadership.
Ideal candidate profile
· PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or a related field, or a Master's degree and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
· Experience in designing analytic and/or algorithmic solutions to business or operational problems
· Experience implementing algorithms, tailored to particular business needs and tested on large data sets
· Experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc.), SQL and Statistical tools, and object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++, etc.)
· Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
· Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.