Amazon Web Services (AWS) is still growing, and committed to doing so as efficiently as possible. We’ve been asked by AWS’s highest leadership to deliver several key projects that will be used to guide major investments. These projects will use a variety of data sources and models to guide decisions such as: where to focus in hiring, how to match customers and salespeople, where are best regions for AWS to expand next, and the right strategy for investing in those spaces. Thus, your work will be used in short and long term strategic planning.
We’re looking for an applied scientist who has great programming experience. While your first job will be to build great models, your second will be acting as a tech leader, setting and modeling best practices for the team as well as mentoring a number of young scientists. You’ll show them not just how to code but how to automate and set up reusable workflows.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field;
· Excellent Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis;
· Ability to convey mathematical results to non-science ;
· Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems.
· Experience with defining research and development practices in an applied environment;
· Experience working with Deep Learning frameworks (MxNet, TensorFlow, etc.);
· Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists;
· Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field;
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modelling and analysis;
· 1+ years hands-on experience in Python, Scala, Java, C#, C++ or other similar languages;
· 1+ years professional experience in software development;
· Experience in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications;