Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Specialist to join the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) AR program. The ideal candidate is motivated by learning in a highly creative and fast paced environment where they will have the opportunity to participate in a key analyst relations program. The right candidate possesses a track record of demonstrating successful communications or marketing program management – this includes the ability to quickly understand and communicate on technically deep topics, successfully deliver on numerous collaborative projects, and manage day-to-day program activities in a global organization. The AR Specialist will primarily work with the team to project manage analyst reports and evaluations, lead briefings and inquiries, educate analysts and bring insights back to the business.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast-growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who want to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. AR’s role is to educate these analysts about how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Position can be located in San Francisco, Arlington, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Fort Lauderdale, New York, Boston, Seattle, or Chicago.
- Own the AR program strategy and tactical execution for select AI/ML services
- Directly engage and communicate with the company’s senior AI/ML leaders
- Understands technology and can abstract and communicate business and solutions value
- Develop and execute a global partner AR program to educate the analyst community
- Proactively manage analyst evaluations, and secure positive placements of AWS in key reports
- Deliver ongoing AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting, and other core program tactics
- Build and maintain productive relationships with top-tier analysts specializing in the cloud partner ecosystems
- Proactively partner with partners’ AR teams to drive complementary analyst engagement
- Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
- Create presentations and prepare AWS executives for engaging with analysts
- Drive alignment with sales, marketing, and product teams to maximize awareness of analyst insight, partner feedback, market trends, and AR program impact
- Track record of building strong relationships with the analyst community
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Can abstract and communicate business and solution value on deep technical topics
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $76k - 134k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
- 4+ years of experience in communications or product marketing
- 3+ years of experience in analyst relations experience in the technology industry
- 3+ years of experience directly interacting with Gartner, Forrester, IDC and other major IT industry analyst firms
- 3+ years of experience project managing analyst reports and vendor evaluation processes with Gartner, Forrester, IDC and other firms