Amazon has a fantastic 11 month internship opportunity for a highly analytical individual to work in the innovative and fast paced environment of Amazon Video. The team is responsible for offering the widest selection of Movies and TV content across a range of devices, including Web, Mobile, Tablet and Living Room.
As a Commercial Analyst, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of the Transactional business and, in particular, how customers interact with the digital business. You'll help to develop reporting and analysis that will provide insight into how the business interacts with new and existing customers. You'll also complete an array of costing analysis that helps determine profitability of the category while driving step changing process improvements. You'll work closely with the Account Management team to assist in maximizing growth opportunities for Studio content and key changes that drive the market segment.
You will be responsible for:
· Working closely with the EU Costing / Pricing manager to complete costing analysis and payments. Also working with payment cycle analysis and approval.
· Working with Vendor Management on new content release reporting & scheduling. Also working with the same team on promotions reporting, scheduling and process improvement.
· Effective communication with Studios on business and promotional performance. Collaborating with Studios on content submissions and marketing support.
· Market segment and competitor comparison analysis.
· Customer analysis to assist in assessing the customer journey and interaction with AV from content, devices or traffic channels
What you will learn:
· In depth understanding of the end-to-end process of the Transactional digital business and wider competitive landscape.
· How to pull and analyse data from the Amazon data warehouses to deliver insight that drives business improvement and change across costing (margin), content launches (new release and promotions) and customer interaction.
· The day to day running of a core digital retail category within an online environment