Amazon Stores is a unique extension of Amazon.com that focuses on in-person shopping experiences through our retail stores. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you are customer-obsessed, like learning new things, and want to contribute to end-to-end store operations for a new business, this is the place for you!
We are looking for an Overnight Assistant Store Manager who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment. You will direct day-to-day store operations and lead a team of engaged retail associates to deliver a best-in-class shopping experience for customers. You will play a vital role in maintaining a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, safety, and fun.
Assistant Store Managers are experienced in leading large teams to deliver against standard operating procedures. Assistant Store Managers are natural operators who are comfortable with change and are always looking for ways to improve their operation. Assistant Store Managers demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellent ownership, the ability to meet deadlines, a willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to the customer and employee experience.
In this role, you will:
· Act as the leader on duty in the store, focused on delivering results while enabling a positive customer and employee experience.
· Manage a team of associates, including relaying expectations, managing performance, providing regular feedback, and supporting career development.
· Delegate effectively to drive exceptional results in your stores, including executing standard operating procedures, identifying areas of improvement, implementing solutions, and providing ongoing feedback to store employees.
· Maintain a positive employee culture built on Customer Obsession and Amazon’s Leadership Principles.
· Maintain a culture of engagement by routinely listening to feedback from leaders, associates, and customers and implementing solutions to solve problems.
· Identify areas of opportunity, determine root causes, and seek support to implement solutions to continuously improve the overall performance and culture of the store.
· Perform store walks and engage with associates on the floor, modeling behaviors of success and jumping in to fulfill associate activities when needed to provide a great customer experience or develop others.
· Maintain a safe, clean, and secure environment to ensure the security of all employees, customers, and products in your store.
· Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
· You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or related area.
· Experience working independently in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and implement effective solutions.
· Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Passion for Amazon and committed to delighting customers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 4+ years of retail or operations experience, or 1+ years of Amazon experience.
· 1+ years of people management experience leading teams of 20 or more.