Amazon is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to contribute to world- class customer service. An Amazon customer service associate is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. We love our customers – in fact, we're a bit obsessed with delighting them each and every day, which is why this vital position requires action-orientated and flexible problem-solvers who will assist customers in resolving any and all customer facing problems within a fast-paced environment.
We're also pretty obsessed with making sure we create a fun, challenging, creative and slightly peculiar work environment for the folks who work here, and we would love for you to consider joining us.
Associates will assist customers via phone, email and chat. Associates will utilise a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions.
**There are 2 start dates available for this fixed term position one on Monday 12th August and the other Monday 2nd September. You must be available to start on that date and no holidays can be taken over the initial 6 weeks.**
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
Ideal candidate profile
Dealing with customers:
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions in a timely and professional manner.
• Appropriate sense of urgency, commitment and quality when responding to customer needs
• Ability to empathise and prioritise customer needs
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Uphold company values and respect every customer
• Exude patience and ownership with each customer
• Ability to resolve conflicts and set appropriate expectations with customers
• Ability to use email, chat and phone calls as a means of communication with customers
• Ability to clearly understand and respond appropriately to the issues that customers present
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with external customers as well as internal colleagues and departments.
• Ability to compose grammatically correct and informative written responses to customer issues
• Ability to document customer account activities thoroughly and concisely
To be a successful Customer Service Associate at Amazon, you'll need to have the following skills and attributes:
• Experience of dealing with customer queries either by phone, email or face-to-face
• Must be a quick learner
• Strong familiarity with online shopping
• Fluent in English
• Excellent computer skills; strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, email, chat, and the internet
• Outstanding communication skills
• Knowledge of internet, email, and instant messenger tools and Microsoft Office