Interested in Amazon Echo? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Research Scientist in our Applied Modeling team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our spoken language understanding models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
· Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
· Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
· Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
· Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
· Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
· Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
· Master's or PhD in a relevant field
· 2-7 years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
· Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
· Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
· Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.