At Alexa Shopping, we strive to enable shopping in everyday life. We allow customers to order instantly whatever they need, by simply interacting with their Smart Devices such as Amazon Show, Spot, Echo, Dot or Tap. Our Services allow you to shop, no matter where you are or what you are doing, you can go from 'I want that' to 'that's on the way' in a matter of seconds. We are seeking the industry's best to help us create new ways to interact, search and shop. Join us, and you'll be taking part in changing the future of everyday life.
Come build the future of everyday life with us.
We are hiring Data Associates in our Portuguese data team to work on transcriptions of audio files for Automatic Speech Recognition, semantic annotation for Natural Language Understanding, and dialogue evaluation for improving overall customer interaction with Alexa.
You will focus on speech and language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis to meet the internal customer’s request.
Driven by your passion for data, you show proactive behavior in solving issues with efficiency and accuracy. Your ability to concentrate and your high attention to details help you deliver high-quality work.
In this role, you’re comfortable with, and understand, the changes to the conventions deployed in response to internal customers’ requests. You demonstrate ability to adjust your workflows accordingly. You prioritize strict compliance with regulatory requirements, and contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
As a Data Associate, you must be capable of:
* Maintaining strict confidentiality and follow all applicable Amazon policies for securing confidential information
* Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
* Translating established guidelines into daily work practices and processing data in order of priority
* Delivering high quality on deadlines
* Getting the job done and work autonomously with minimum direction
* Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent
* Experience working with speech or language data, including experience with annotation and
* Other forms of data markup
* Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
* Business English skills both verbal and written.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
* Native-level proficiency in Portuguese, both verbal and written skills
* Comfortable working with speech from various dialects and accents of Portuguese and English (High intermediate level)
* Willing to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day
* Experience with business software
* Capable of working in strict compliance with internal guidelines
* Excellent communication and organizational skills, detailed-oriented, highly collaborative
* Comfortable working in an ever-changing, highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
* Willingness to support several projects at one time and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
* Continuous efforts to deliver the high quality data such as self-analysis