AIR is seeking a highly enthusiastic, motivated, and customer facing Program Manager to be a part of the Amazon Air team to innovate, manage, and create new air-related solutions that drive improved performance, safety and efficiency. This rock star individual will require strong communication skills with managers, peers and team members, both within their immediate department, as well as with other departments and business partners to drive effective and sustainable solutions to complex challenges.
This role will be responsible for activities supporting aircraft acceptance and aircraft engineering projects impacting Amazon AIR’s fleet. The individual will work across aircraft sourcing, conversion, carrier and regulatory activities to delivery aircraft into operation. Support of engineering initiatives are also included. This role will also support industry technical forums and leverage best practices to delight our customers.
This role will be responsible for:
· Leadership and support of aircraft acceptance activities across Amazon AIR’s fleet.
· Program management of aircraft modification projects from proposal to implementation.
· Influence strategic initiatives to improve aircraft operations via maintenance program updates.
· Support industry/OEM fleet forums for operational improvements.
· Communicating goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams (internal & external) to gain buy-in and delivery to project schedules.
· Address barriers through problem solving, communication and active coordination.
· Navigating through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments.
· Able to systematically escalate problems or variances in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams, following through to resolution to ensure they are delivered.
· Master's degree in aviation, engineering or related field.
· Extensive experience in aircraft engineering role(s) with aircraft configuration, delivery and/or operations support.
· 3+ years of airline engineering or aircraft delivery experience.
· 3+ years of program management experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in aviation, engineering or related field.
· 2+ years of airline engineering or aircraft delivery experience.
· 2+ years of program management experience.