Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to transform their businesses and solve their own complex business challenges with machine learning (ML) technologies in the cloud. AWS is leading the way in providing customers with powerful, end-to-end machine learning platforms such as Amazon SageMaker.
Are you passionate about Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and scalable distributed systems? Are you passionate about developing impactful ML content and strategies? Are you passionate about engaging the Artificial Intelligence community (AI researchers, developers building ML-powered products, data scientists and ML entrepreneurs in startups and enterprises)?
AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for ML platform. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition about ML and will directly interface with the ML product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The BDM will work closely across multiple internal and external organizations – AWS Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Partners, and AI communities – to position the AWS ML platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners. The BDM will be directly helping our customers to reinvent their own business models by harnessing the power of AWS machine learning technologies; driving specific adoption and deals with key customers.
In addition, the BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior leadership. The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architecture teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from the AWS ML/DL services, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a Technology and Business background. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and would have done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations; and have a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to customers and partners across different market segments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engage in senior level customer meetings to drive AWS ML adoption. Diving into customer’s business challenges and executing strategies on how the AWS ML services can help address and resolve these challenges.
- Serve as an evangelist for the AWS ML platforms within AWS and externally.
- Define, build and deploy enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS ML offering.
-Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS ML value proposition to customers and partners.
- Develop a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and Marketing teams.
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the AWS ML/DL platform.
- Establish mechanisms to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS machine learning, and execute improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management regarding the AWS ML platforms business.
- First hand experiences of AI/ML product business development, with comprehensive knowledge of trend, technologies and ecosystem
- Experience with artificial intelligence or machine learning product GTM strategy planning and execution, with solid results
- Knowledge of machine learning trends, typical scenarios, and common algorithms
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Proficient public speaking skills, with speeches delivered in academic or commercial conferences
- Knowledge of cloud services, such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key. Experience writing articles (business and technical), speaking at technology conferences, or contributing to open source.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
- 5+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience;
- 3+ years of technical experience in teams like R&D, consultant, presales, etc.
- Experience in machine leaning and big data ecosystem
- Experience business development or sales to large enterprises or Internet companies;
- Knowledge of cloud, big data, and machine learning, with technical selling experience;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.