Amazon seeks a Business Intelligence Engineer to be a key partner for Amazon’s Sponsored Advertising business, a high-growth Advertising business with a range of product offerings for advertisers. This role will focus on building out the business insights & analysis practice for performance advertising core infrastructure services. We generate insights to guide product and partner strategy, and we provide direct business strategy support to senior leaders. We are looking for a top analytical mind to leverage our unique data and big data technologies to drive actionable insights that helps our self-service advertisers reach their full potential.
As a key analytics partner, the Business Intelligence Engineer will influence the direction of the business by leveraging our data to deliver insights that drive decisions and actions. This role involves translating broad business problems into specific analytics projects, conducting deep quantitative analyses, and communicating results effectively. We see a high potential for growth in this role as we transform our data into actionable insights to continue to fuel the growth of this business. The role will help the organization identify, evaluate, and evangelize new techniques and tools to continue to improve our ability to deliver value to Amazon’s Customers.
This role requires an individual with excellent business, communication, and technical skills, enabling collaboration with various functions, including product managers, software engineers, data scientists, financial analysts, as well as senior leadership. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and with an ability to work in a fast-paced and high-energy environment.
· Build data pipelines to enable new metrics
· Create and track key advertiser success metrics
· Complete project based deep dives to drive business insights and guide product strategy
· Present findings and recommendations to business leadership
· Help build data systems that leverage diverse data sources to provide a comprehensive view of advertiser engagement
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting/analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
This role promises to give exposure to a high growth Advertising business. This BIE will be actively involved in building new metrics, understanding impact of product changes, and identifying opportunities for growth through exploratory analyses including use of lightweight statistical techniques. This role provides the opportunity to use emerging technologies such as machine learning to build models and tools used by management for strategic decision making.
· Experience with analytics tools such as R, Python or Scala
· Experience with AWS Solutions, including EC2, S3, Redshift, EMR (or Hadoop)
· Experience with Big Data Technologies and familiar with the techniques and limitations of observational studies
· Skilled at data visualization and presentation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS/MS in a quantitative field such as Information Technology, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Data Science etc. BS with 3 years of relevant experience or MS with 2 years of relevant experience in quantitative analysis
· Proven expertise at automation of data ETL pipelines
· Experience with SQL
· Experience working with very large and disparate data sets
· Ability to distill problems and constraints from informal business requirements, to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives, and to craft an analytic approach to solving the issue
· Ability to work across cross-functional teams and communicate complex output in oral presentation and written form