Amazon Risk Management is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced Project Manager to create, lead, manage, deliver, and enable internal Risk Management projects in a rapidly-evolving and expanding landscape for the Amazon Community Together (ACT) Program.
In this role, with direction from the Senior Risk Manager of Global Risk Management Claims (GRMC), you will plan project resources, assemble and lead project teams, manage team and project timelines, manage project issues and risks, monitor project progress, manage project budget and funding, and report and document project tracking, timelines, and results. Your main focus will be on ACT Program initiatives, and you will work closely with GRMC leadership and the Project Management Office (PMO) to help deliver compelling and relevant projects that support the risk management team and their objectives. In this role, it is expected that you will have the ability to influence and convince others and to discuss and reach agreement on complex projects. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. You will also be responsible for partnering with the team’s PMO, enabling project success throughout.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· In coordination with the PMO, enhance the knowledge of project management within ACT by developing and facilitating project management related trainings and the creation of knowledge bases for documentation of project management resources.
· Consult ACT team members by assisting with or directly managing project execution, as required.
· In coordination with the PMO, own the development and consolidation of ACT project reporting in accordance with PMO guidelines.
· Track and report on project specific resource allocation of ACT team members.
· Collaborate with multiple internal and external business teams for management of complex projects.
· Own the development and execution of communications to relevant stakeholders regarding project goals, roles, responsibilities, and objectives for business critical projects.
· Work cross-functionally on project conceptualization, prioritization, and resource management.
· Be the driving force that manages all moving pieces to ensure successful and on-time delivery.
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information and meeting notes/action items to stakeholders. Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner.
· Take an active role in our focus on continuous improvement, as we are always on the lookout for ways to advance our processes, product quality, and overall efficiency.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints.
· Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
· Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies.
· Help team members improve their project management skills through the use of various learning tools such as virtual/instructor-led training, mentoring, and other internal or third-party resources.
· Demonstrated knowledge of risk claims management, related laws, and medical and legal terminology.
· Knowledge of business insurance and risk management best practices.
· Experience with Project Management Information Systems.
· 3+ years’ experience in certification or training project or program management.
· Project management certifications such as PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or equivalent.
· Customer-centric with data driven project focus.
· Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with multiple competing priorities.
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
· A self-starter who excels in working with autonomy.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years of hands-on, results-driven project management skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple, competing priorities effectively.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
· Possess advanced Microsoft Office suite skills.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
· Available for up to 25% domestic, and potentially international, travel when requested.