Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. With Ring, you’re always home. Ring products such as the Ring Door Bell, Ring Spotlight Camera, and Ring Floodlight Camera are easy to use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital imaging technologies and wireless connectivity. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com.
The Power Engineer intern works closely with teams located in Taipei and Global engineering teams throughout the development cycle. As a member of the team, you will assist the driving of cross-functional communication within region. You will assist in closely monitoring and driving activities including design data release, design validation, issue solving and root caused analyzing.
· Work closely with Hardware Engineering teams and Technology teams as well as suppliers to keep development schedules on track
· Assist the driving and tracking of design readiness for Engineering builds
· Assist the component testing and performance validation
· Assist tuning and guard quality with Ring team
· May travel domestically and internationally to supplier sites as needed to keep projects on schedule
· Can work 5 days per week during summer holiday for at least 3 months duration
· Is willing to work in Taipei
· Knowledge of technology in consumer electronics
· Knowledge of Electro components, design validation, qualification, and analysis
· Hands-on system testing and validation process with equipment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills (Chinese and English)
· Strong organizational and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated critical thinking capability
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Willing take technical challenge and Responsibility
· Previous internship experience
· Past experience or coursework in electronic design and project management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Electrical Engineering or related field with a graduation conferral date in 2022