The Amazon Logistics Mexico team is seeking an experienced, hands on and customer obsessed Quality and Process Improvement Leader to join the Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) Team in Mexico. The role requires working with internal stake-holders to design, plan, implement and execute inbound and outbound transportation network required to accelerate business growth.
Middle Mile execution and processes led by Transportation are a really important part to achieve cost goals and guarantee that our customers will receive their important packages on time.
1. Lead quality initiatives to change and improve current process
2. Lead improvement projects for Middle Mile
3. Audit accuracy to standard processes
4. SOP and PMV's creation
5. Support launches for new system and tools
6. Launch new technology oriented in Middle Mile execution
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities
· Communicator: Ability to communicate process and training objectives
· Focus on delivery results: work for a long term result, discipline on execution and respect for Standard processes
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills along with outstanding facilitation skills
· Frequent walking in the building and around area; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Standing and walking for up to 12 hours a day
· Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely
· Experience in an Amazon Sort Center, Middle Mile and transportation execution.
· Experience leading multidisciplinary groups
· 4 years experience working for an e-commerce company
· Knowledge in Middle Mile execution
· Green belt certification or experience leading improvement projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· English and Spanish: business conversation
· 1+ years of experience in a similar process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/manufacturing environment
· University degree completed or currently studying
· Experience in last mile industry or a manufacturing site for at least 2 years