**Dear candidate please upload your CV in English**
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
By submitting an application to this role you will be considered for Field Process Engineer roles in one of the FCs mentioned below.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Operations is at the heart of Amazon business. We are known for our speed, accuracy and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. In these key roles, you’ll come in to help us exceed productivity goals and deliver against our customer promises. Our scale is expansive and our presence is growing. Our goal is simple: to offer the world’s greatest selection of products and services with the world’s best customer experience.
Amazon is seeking Field Process Engineers to work in the Process Engineering (PE) team. The field process engineer for this role could be based out of HAM2/ SZZ1/ DUS4/ FRA7/ PAD1/ KTW3/ MUC3.
The PE team is a group of operational leaders driving process stabilization, standardization and continuous improvement for the EU Customer Fulfillment Network. This team is essential to establish best in class network performance across all process paths, accelerate implementation of technological advancements and to strengthen the technical acumen and process knowledge for the operational leaders across the FC network. As EU continues to rapidly grow the FC footprint and infuse the organization with new talent, we need to ensure the operations teams are equipped with the functional expertise to successfully deliver expected gains for technology advances and network wide process improvements. The team would drive process control and shifting mean performance with the outcome of minimizing variation between shifts, building and region, to deliver strong OP performance. The team will work closely with the Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES) SME, ACES PM, launch teams, operations engineering and reliability and maintenance (RME) teams to improve the input metrics for each of the process paths by prioritizing and channeling resources to address gaps in these input metrics.
As a Field Process Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work alongside closely with Core Process Engineers aligned by locality or area of technical expertise (Inbound Flow, Pick/Stow/Count, Pack Multis/Singles or Ship Dock). As a Field Process Engineer, you will be responsible to deploy initiatives, build networking and relationship and drive compliance for the initiatives within an assigned timeline. This role requires the ability to demonstrate ownership for your initiatives, understand the initiative in detail, and influence to deliver meaningful results translating to tangible productivity and efficiency gains across the FC network. Some of the position’s key responsibilities include:
· Implement detailed standard operating initiatives from Core Process Engineers, ACES PM and ACES SME to support daily operations within optimized operating window for each fulfillment process.
· Own and drive compliance of initiatives in your area of responsibility.
· Partner with operational leaders within the FCs to execute implementation of process improvements driving stabilization and standardization across your area of responsibility.
· Deliver coaching and process path information across network of operational leaders in the FCs as it relates to your respective process path to support reduction of variation in process standards and knowledge gaps within FC network.
· Execute, measure and support communication of project impacts in partnership with the site leaders responsible for day to day operations.
· Work with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Learning and Development, FC change managers, RME, ACES PM and ACES SME to deliver projects.
· Effectively work and build relationships in a remote team environment.
· Ability to travel as needed within your area of responsibility. Domestic and regional travel estimate average: 20-30%. (Subject to change based on business need).
Please send your CV in English.
· Master’s degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration
· Experience as a manager in the areas of: Engineering, manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Experience in people management and development
· Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs
· Demonstrated subject matter expertise in an FC process path
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills as well as good business judgment
· Cross-functional project management experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Completed Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or a related field
· Demonstrate a track record of problem-solving and analytical skill, and of achieving results in similar work or operational environments
· Experience with performance metrics and process improvement and Lean techniques
· Ability to motivate self and operations partners to meet expectations when given a deadline