The Amazon Global Workforce Staffing (WFS) Organization is a critical element in bringing on talent to deliver our customer experience around the globe. With 1M hourly associates hired annually, WFS is performing a historic and unprecedented task to bring new people to work for Amazon Operations. WFS CS provides email, SMS, chat and phone support across more than five different languages to candidates applying for jobs with Amazon. This customer service for candidates removes technical barriers in the hiring process. Our call center agents will resolve issues so that candidates who contact our call centers end up hired, which we call a Day 1 Start (D1S). Our job is to “convert” these candidates into a D1S, hence increasing our Conversion Rate.
WFS CS is looking for a talented Program Manager to lead a team of Program Managers focused on driving conversion rate through the launch of a new support model, outbound campaigns, and targeted contact deflection through automation. WFS CS is looking for an innovative leader that is passionate about the customer (in our case the candidate) and helping them find a job. A successful candidate will be able to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, communicate clearly (both written and verbal) and effectively, manage high volumes of tasks and projects, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a turnaround, think creatively and strategically, exercise strong judgment and be proactive and innovative in solving problems that affect customers. The candidate will also be customer-service oriented removing barriers in hiring process and should have great people management skills.
If you have relentless desire to drive process improvement and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed PMs, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, we have the career you’re looking for!
This role can be based in either Seattle or Phoenix.
· Lead and manage a team of three (L6/L5 PMs); responsible for the overall direction and performance of the team.
· Responsible for managing, direct supervision and providing direction to PMs, who will support you with a variety of programs
· Ability to set the vision, direction and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals
· Conducts performance improvement efforts using data to identify needs, and implementing short and long term action plans to guide progress.
· Effectively partner and build productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership and other departments.
· Influence tech roadmap with clear data to highlight the return on investment
· Delivers large scale process improvement programs from initiation through delivery with high amount of ambiguity.
· Drive creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives, Lean/Kaizen activities and other change/Six Sigma initiatives.
· Implement automation and processes to streamline the operations, resulting in improved efficiency and reduced defects.
· Develop continuous improvement charters, scope of project, plan and schedules for continuous improvement programs.
· Perform critical thinking and problem solving – evaluating alternatives and identifying innovative solutions.
· Facilitate other functional leaders on problem solving and process improvement methodologies.
· Operate autonomously; drive programs end to end including business goals, technical solutions. Drive alignment with senior leaders.
· Develop business requirements, quantify their impact and present them to Tech so they can build and deploy them.
· Advanced degree /Master’s Degree (Engineering, Science, Business) from an accredited university.
· Direct experience in Contact Center Operations (Customer Service, Sales, or Collections)
· 5+ Years Demonstrated ability to develop and execute complex project roadmaps.
· Change management, with the ability to lead change across all levels of the organization.
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
· Certification in project management e.g. PMP or PRINCE
Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
• Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in a related role
OR a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a related role.
• 5+ years’ experience in Program Management with progressively increasing responsibility
• 5+ years of leadership experience
• 2+ years of Project Management experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced level of Microsoft Package (especially Excel)