As a Collections Analyst, you will support Amazon’s strategic customers by identifying and resolving billing issues, reconcile accounts and drive monthly collection targets. A successful individual will be self-motivated—someone who can recognize how processes can improve and effectively implement positive changes. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-functional relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. You will earn trust with our customers to facilitate timely payment.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
· Manage a high volume portfolio of customer receivables and work to maximize Amazon’s cash flow by solving customer payment issues
· Understand the Amazon billing processes to provide guidance to customers, identify defects and drive resolution upstream of AR
· Full cycle of accounts receivable past due balances, including: research, analysis and account reconciliations
· Calling customers and scheduling resolution sessions to understand the procure-to-pay cycles of our customers
· Maintain customer relationships by responding timely and accurately to both internal (company) and external (vendor directly) questions and requests for information
· Understand the pain points of customers and solve our customer’s problems
· Educate customers on self-service tools and implement best practices to streamline their procure to pay processes
· Implement processes that make it easy for customers to pay Amazon
· Aid in the improvement of processes, procedures with internal support teams
· Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to customers
· Escalating when appropriate to direct manager and/or senior leaders
· Keeping detailed notes, task creation and reminders in our collections tools
· Acting as the Voice of the Customer for our top tier customers and Sales Teams, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
· Knowledge of AWS services and cloud computing
· Demonstrated Excel skills
· Experience working with big data analysis and/or financial data
· Experience working effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· Experience using Tableau or other BI tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or Information Systems
· 1+ years of experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations
· 1+ years of business to business collections experience