Amazon Finance & Global Business Services (FGBS) plays a key role in the company’s mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. FGBS includes finance functions like Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Tax, as well as other functions like Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF), Investor Relations, and Benchmarking.
The FGBS team is looking for an Accounts Payable Analyst to join our Accounts Payable Corporate operations at SJO. The AP Corporate Operations team handles payments to vendors for a large set of the categories of Amazon’s expenses. That includes corporate expenses, Employee Expense reports, and Amazon Web Services.
As an Accounts Payable Analyst III (Critical/Non- Critical Vendors) you will be responsible for the procure to pay process. You will own: invoice processing, invoice troubleshooting, invoice reporting (invoices on hold, productivity, and others), with the highest level of controllership and customer obsession.
The right candidate will have a background in running the end to end accounts payable process in a fast-paced, high-ambiguity environment. The candidate will work with LATAM countries, and should have experience working with several countries in the region. The ideal candidate will be a strong executor, able to share his/her knowledge with others, acting as a performance coach for them.
As AP Analyst III, you will think strategically about the future, supporting trend and root cause analysis exercises, and crafting plans to improve on behalf of our customers. Partnership with vendors and peers will be key, and the perfect candidate will showcase a track record of effective team collaboration, creating a great work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Support invoice processing, invoice troubleshooting, and invoicing for critical or non-critical vendor in LATAM.
• Root cause research and identification for issues impacting payment accuracy metrics, in collaboration with peers and managers.
• Support key vendor trends analysis (I.E. debit balance, pre-payment) by providing the right information, to inform and support business decision making, having direct impact on operational metrics.
• Act as a main point of contact for top Amazon vendors, developing strong business relationships, creating mutual trust, and resolving any conflicts to avoid shipment holds, threads, or other business interruptions.
• Prepare vendor health scorecard and identify vendors accounts likely to become escalations. Support senior analysts in the root cause research.
• Address any account related inquiries and concerns from vendors on a timely manner.
• Maintain compliance best practices, and become an evangelist for Amazon guidelines and local legal requirements. Helps define and adheres to AP policies related to AP and with entities globally.
• Work with the functional leaders and other internal groups to build scalable processes.
• Focus on controllership, presenting internal control improvement opportunities.