Amazon’s global accounting organization is searching for a bar-raising financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations and thrives on challenges. This position will be part of the Payments Accounting team and will be a key member of the Global Financial Risk & Controls team within the Consumer Accounting organization. This individual will lead Payments Accounting efforts regarding Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and organization-wide controllership initiatives and will help design, build, and execute a Global SOC-1 review program for our third-party payment processors. Responsibilities include enhancing and leveraging internal/external partnerships to assist the team leads with the annual program plan, its execution, as well as all process improvement initiatives. This role will require a deep understanding of, and experience with, all aspects of internal controls including financial information technology systems for a complex, high-growth stage, multi-disciplinary organization. Requirements for this position also include extensive knowledge of the COSO and SEC/PCAOB regulations, as well as the demonstrated ability to design and monitor an effective global risk-based internal control environment.
We are currently looking for experienced, manager level candidates who have held similar positions in large public companies or who have held a similar position within the advisory practice of a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 5 or more years. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 8+ years of professional experience. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
· Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
· Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
· Financial Service Industry background, including working in a high-volume payment processing environment
· A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
· Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
· Excellent analytical skills
· Strong risk management experience, including: performing risk assessments, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk
· Deep experience in assist with documentation of controls to support operational and SOX compliance audits.
· Extensive knowledge of the internal control framework (specifically COSO, CoBIT) and solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
· Strong understanding of SOX methodology and associated standards (sections 302, 404, AS5, PCAOB, etc.)
· Internal controls experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies
· Experience in GDPR program design and operations
· CPA, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Accountant (or equivalent)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Degree in accounting, information technology, or related field
· 7-10 years of relevant experience with 2-3 years of Sarbanes-Oxley experience