At Amazon Pharmacy, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. Amazon Pharmacy is seeking a motivated individual who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge. Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric pharmacy, and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best.
To be successful in this role you will need to take ownership of your work and have strong problem-solving skills to improve and streamline processes. You’ll need to collaborate with operational and technical stakeholders across our business to drive results and continue to develop our best-in-class processes, analytics and controls. You can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action.
This position will have responsibility for:
· Supporting various aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
· Understanding accounting and financial principles and how to apply them.
· Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
· Work with the team to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month.
· Strong sense of ownership.
· Analysis of processes and systems data.
· CPA (or equivalent)
· Experience with month end closing of books inclusive of working on various sub-ledgers and consolidations
· Proficient in Excel
· Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or similar company
· Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Degree in accounting or related field
· Two or more years of experience