Shopbop is seeking an Accounting Specialist to support the Finance and Accounting team at Shopbop in Madison, WI. This position will primarily support vendor payables, partnering with our Accounting, Buying and Receiving teams as well as our vendors. The right candidate will report to the Accounts Payable Manager and assist in identifying and implementing process improvement. The Accounting Specialist must be familiar with Accounts Payable processes and the software supporting them.
· Process high volume vendor payables in a timely manner and according to agreed upon payment and discount terms.
· Maintain vendor relationships by responding quickly and accurately to both internal (company) and external (vendor) questions and requests for information.
· Research problem invoices that cannot be paid for various reasons.
· Assist in identifying process inefficiencies and making recommendations for process improvements for timely vendor payment and inquiry responses.
· Develop knowledge around vendor term agreements to implement sound prioritization methodologies.
· Initiate payable and credit memo transactions.
· Assist in miscellaneous accounting processes and procedures.
· A minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable experience.
· Experience using Great Plains software.
· Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
· A strong work ethic and desire to exceed expectations.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
· Strong internal customer focus and attention to detail.
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work independently in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
· 2+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance.
· High School diploma or equivalent.