Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction, and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth’s most customer-centric company, and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. When joining our team you can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. If you are an accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish!
The Accounting Analyst will be part of the FBI (Finance Business Integration) vertical in FOAA (Finance Operations Accounting and Analysis). This position will be responsible to perform the testing (UATs) on a daily basis for a variety of accounting projects (new launches, expansion, system improvement, etc.) ensuring source business events have been appropriately translated into accounting journal entries and reporting before the “go-live” in production. This person takes the time to fully learn about the business needs and/or the workflows involved (requirements, data sources, metrics, mechanisms, etc.).
This position will have to manage multiple scenarios, deadlines and milestones that requires a mix of accounting knowledge, project management experience and/or accounting system implementation. This person runs effective meetings and is able to dive deep into details easily as convey high-level plans. This person should be able to transform raw thoughts into clear documentations and requirements such as accounting requirements, journal entries mapping, and approval requirements.
· Experience using Oracle Financial Applications
· Experience working on operational excellence and process improvement & simplification
· Flexible, proactive, and self-motivated
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Accounting Degree or related field
· Program management or system implementation experience
· +1 years of experience in Accounting (journal entries posting, reporting management, sub-ledger close, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge internal controls over financial reporting
· Knowledgeable in Excel (i.e. advance formulas, macros, etc.)
· Excellent analytical skills