The Accounting Analyst will partner with the Global Retail and Finance team (based in the US) to support various analytical, planning, reporting and audit needs. The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of an extremely dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth. The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have demonstrated an ability to effectively manage the financial responsibilities of a high-growth business.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in working with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
This role supports the operational function related to Contra-CoGS audit, reconciliation, raising claims, identifying gaps in the process and taking it to closure. As Amazon has been growing rapidly Year-over-Year, this position will also help drive process changes and improvements to support the growing needs of the Company. This role will include dive deep into vendor contracts, data mining to identify the missing Contra-CoGS billing and recovering through post audit. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between the audit team and various business and IT groups.
This position will work in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity and support multiple, simultaneous project launches impacting the global accounting organization. This position is also expected to have sufficient finance experience to help the project launch team identify and incorporate the necessary financial reporting and internal control elements into the systems or tools that are developed to support new business activities. Employees in this role are expected to have excellent communication and organization skills and should be able to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to accounting, finance, business and IT leadership.
Role and responsibilities:
- Perform audits on Contra-CoGS
- Reporting on financial and operational performance metrics
- Support in monthly/quarterly financial closing activity in close co-ordination with business and accounting teams
- Assist in measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business team in a timely manner
- Provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner
- Partnering with various accounting and finance vertical (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable) to ensure procedures and controls are routinely applied whilst performing audit operations
- Execute and drive KPI metrics for business and operation performance
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
- Responsible to deliver team objectives
- Drive process improvements required to enhance controls
-MBA degree is preferred
-Fluency in SQL, Microsoft Access, VBA and Oracle Financials is a plus
-Prior experience in analytical role
-Strong English language oral and written skills
-Graduate/ PG with specialization in finance/accounting required
-Fluency in Microsoft Excel is a must
-Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment