Amazon seeks an experienced accounting analyst to perform certain accounting activities in China accounting team. This position will be responsible for proper and accurate accounting of certain business operations. It is expected the position will actively and frequently engage with other senior leaders in the accounting, finance, tax, technology and operation teams in multiple geographies.
This position will partner with the members of the global accounting organization to develop team-wide goals, process improvement initiatives, and assist in the identification of standards for global consistency. In addition to accounting experiences and skills, the successful candidate will be a self-starter, a demonstrated leader, a collaborative team-player, and an excellent communicator.
The accounting team is also responsible for supporting the large number of new business initiatives by actively participating in the design of processes and systems that will be responsible for managing financial transactions. This position will consult, as needed, with the business and IT teams to define requirement to in order to support proper accounting and actively participate in the process discussions to ensure the accounting issues are addressed.
· Manage proper accounting of business activities and support month-end financial closing
· Make sure the proper reconciliation of accounts, resolve and close aging items on time
· Work with global and regional business finance team to enforce accounting policies and procedures. Maintain adequate internal controllership.
· Business partnership for new business launch activities.
· Participate or lead ad hoc projects and assignments.
· Identify process improvement opportunity and drive continuously efficiency enhancement
· Support annual audit, work closely with internal and external auditors.
· ERP and accounting system development & implementation.
· Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field.
· 6+ years of experience in accounting area in multinational companies.
· Good understanding of PRC GAAP and US GAAP.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel & ERP systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.