Based in Seattle, Amazon is a pioneering, dynamic, and energetic company that thrives on unique and peculiar ways. We take pride in our single-minded obsession over customer satisfaction and our ability to maintain a curious and vibrant culture no matter how large the company grows. We endeavor to build our legacy as Earth’s most customer-centric company and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best. If you are a financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge, then Amazon is a place where your career can flourish.
When working at Amazon, your ability to make a difference and take ownership of your career begins on day one. You can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. Part of this propensity for continuous learning shows itself in Amazon’s strong encouragement of movement and growth within the Accounting department and within the company as a whole. We aim to hire and develop those who will raise the bar over the course of their career at Amazon (and not just in their first position). Amazon’s accounting group offers opportunities at the Accountant level in Legal Entity & Intercompany, Accounting Policy & Reporting, Operations and Capital, Transportation, Payments & Merchant Services, Retail Operations, Digital, and AWS Accounting.
This position will have responsibility for:
· Supporting various aspects of our accounting and reporting process.
· Understanding accounting and financial principles and how to apply them.
· Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
· Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month.
· Strong sense of ownership.
· Analysis of complex processes and systems data.