At Amazon Pharmacy, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. Amazon Pharmacy is seeking a motivated individual who consistently exceeds expectations, who dares to make bold decisions, and whose ears perk up at the prospect of a challenge. Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric pharmacy, and to continue to cultivate and nourish our innovative environment through our mission to hire the best.
To be successful in this role you will need to take ownership of your work and have strong problem-solving skills to improve and streamline processes. You’ll need to collaborate with operational and technical stakeholders across our business to drive results and continue to develop our best-in-class processes, analytics and controls. You can expect a collaborative, team-driven environment that encourages employees to learn, be curious, and have a bias for action. With this position, you will be a critical member of the team supporting Amazon Pharmacy’s inventory accounting health, responsible for detailed analysis, control procedures, and supporting inventory related projects and initiatives.
This position will have responsibility for:
· Supporting various aspects of our accounting and reporting process, with a specific focus on inventory accounting.
· Understanding accounting and financial principles and how to apply them.
· Understand internal control design concepts sufficient to assess the effectiveness of controls in their area and to design new processes and controls for emerging and growing business activities.
· Interfacing with operational and technical partners across the business in the inventory accounting space.
· Execute judgments to keep projects moving and ensure the right decisions are reached to close the books each month.
· Strong sense of ownership.
· Analysis of complex processes and systems data.
· CPA (or equivalent)
· Accounting management experience with Big Four (public) with Fortune 500 clients
· Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies for two or more years
· Working knowledge of the COSO internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
· Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
· Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or complex company
· Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
· Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
· Aptitude for team leadership—influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
· Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for information technology
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Degree in accounting or related field
· Three or more years of related work