Are you a highly motivated leader in the Accounting field who thrives on both deep data analytics and project management? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a need to automate and build processes that scale? Amazon is looking for an Accountant who can go beyond the numbers and demonstrate process improvement in a high growth and ever-changing environment, while effectively partnering with our Advertising Technology organization in Palo Alto.
The Advertising Technology organization, consists of business, engineering, and data science teams that: 1) build and operate technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage over 100 billion advertising queries every day; 2) connect Amazon’s advertising programs with millions of web sites, apps and video streams around the world to deliver relevant, high-performance ad impressions; and 3) serve publishers as customers through Amazon Publisher Services.
This role requires an individual with excellent business, communication, and analytical skills, enabling collaboration with various functions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and desire to learn complex processes and systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Developing, implementing and improving accounting processes and procedures
· Ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting
· Working with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the business unit
· Partnering with Accounting Manager on accounting automation and ad hoc projects
· Performing the month-end financial accounting close within tight deadline Supporting team along with support for business growth and expansion
· CPA or equivalent · Experience working with a fast-paced, high-tech start-up or similar company · Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations · Aptitude for information technology · Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines · Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills · Strong analytical skills with attention to detail · Experience working in a high tech start up or fortune 500 tech company
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Basic Qualifications · Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting · 3+ years of progressive accounting experience