Amazon is looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and analytical Account Representative. The ideal candidate will be excited by partnering in launching a new start-up from the beginning of its life cycle, and will have familiarity leading sales generation with small to medium sized customers.
Amazon Transportation Services is building systems and capabilities to ensure that external shippers’ freight in the Amazon network (vendors, suppliers, sellers) is moved with the highest service and lowest possible costs. To meet this goal, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best-in-class service levels. You will efficiently negotiate terms and close deals with external shippers. Internally, you will work with functions that cut across the organization including legal, technology, marketing, transportation and customer service, to drive great customer experience for our program.
A successful candidate will exhibit strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative climate. You will communicate with senior stakeholders within the Amazon Leadership team, as well as working with leaders at major companies to strengthen partner relations. The candidate is as comfortable working on strategy and design, as they are rolling-up their sleeves and working on implementation. They have demonstrated the ability to build customized, innovative logistics solutions, drive process improvement, standardize procedures and negotiate effectively.
Responsibilities of this role will include (but are not limited to):
· Build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities and provide key metrics and regular forecasts.
· Ability to identify and drive revenue, adoption and market segment share of our product
· Manage numerous accounts concurrently & strategically, ensuring customer satisfaction
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of the logistics and transportation industry.
· Build strong working relationships with vendors, suppliers, businesses and internal peers.
· Negotiate with external shippers on contract terms.
· Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve performance and service.
· Earn trust of customers and recommend product solutions that fit their business needs.
· Measure performance, articulate root-cause analysis, and link to specific improvement areas.
· Assess program risks, anticipate challenges, and provide escalation management when necessary.
· Meet or exceed targets for customer and/or feature spend adoption.
· This job will require strong communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure, and often ambiguous, work environment.
· Experience using problem-solving, mathematics and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Extensive customer network
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
· Entrepreneurial spirit.
· Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com), sales and marketing automation tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, logistics or related field
· 5+ years of B2B business development experience
· Direct field experience in working with small to medium sized accounts