Amazon Business is a B2B marketplace on Amazon.com that gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of millions of products in a shopping experience built for businesses.The Amazon Business teams are dedicated to developing solutions inclusive of an expanded marketplace that combines the selection, convenience, and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon.
Account Representatives are responsible for both building and managing their book of business leveraging solution-selling, traditional and digital prospecting tactics, and supporting long-term strategic customer relationships following the initial prospect/onboarding period. The primary areas of responsibility include prospecting, expert knowledge of products/features/functionality to offer solutions to our customers, and developing relationships with buying decision makers across key functional areas such as Finance, Operations, Procurement, IT, Human Resources, and more.
Account Representatives will ensure recommended solutions meet our customer’s procurement needs and will recommend approaches and alternatives that fit their environment, including but not limited to contracting and competitive requirements unique to public institutions, eProcurement integration, advanced payment, and automated reconciliation processes. The candidate will work closely with customers to manage deployment and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted. This is a sales role with limited travel 10% (trade shows and customer meetings).
Ideal candidates will have relevant consultative sales experience and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities
· Assisting customers with registration and presenting registered customers with Amazon Business account tours
· Meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition and customer spend adoption
· Educating and networking with key prospect and customer contacts
· Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams.
· Drive customer satisfaction
· Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal Amazon stakeholders
· Experience selling to procurement and/or supply chain roles
· Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to role-up your sleeves, scale best practices
· Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
· Ability to deal with ambiguity, pivot quickly, adapt to new processes and run fast
*This role can be located virtually from any location near a major Amazon office location on the West Coast, Central, or East Coast regions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
· 5 + years of B2B and/or Mid-Market sales experience
· Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing opportunities across a wide spectrum of customer engagement levels
· Experience in positioning and selling innovative solutions to new and existing customers and market segments
· Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
· Excellent communications skills with the ability to manage challenging conversations in a professional manner
· Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
· Proven ability to influence others and lead customer engagements