The International Expansions team is responsible for helping to launch new Amazon marketplaces around the world. We are seeking an Account Manager to help work with vendors around the world to drive and grow our import business for emerging countries. You will be responsible for managing on boarded Direct Import Accounts in emerging countries, expanding business through growth initiatives and identifying opportunities to improve VX, operations and DI integration.
The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a fast paced, demanding and often ambiguous environment. Additionally, since this position involves working with multiple stakeholders around the world in a fast growing opportunity, we need someone with strong stakeholder management capabilities and ownership with great bias for action in getting things done themselves. In this role, you will be a true entrepreneur and manage all aspects of your accounts on a daily basis.
· Responsible for complex account relationships and growth initiatives for which you define the strategy, often in the absence of SOPs.
· Provide tailored recommendations that grow and optimize the joint import business while improving VX.
· Identify new opportunities for your accounts and/or for those you don’t own.
· Work with internal stakeholders to maintain business alignment.
· Drive integration between new vendors and Amazon supply chain, product compliance and merchandising processes.
· Contribute to the development of best practices and contract standards
· Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as vendor import share, out of stock rate, vendor operational metrics, marketing investments
· Work with vendors and Amazon operations to ensure a reliable, operational a cost effective flow of goods, from ordering to receive.
· Work with internal teams to understand the systems and variables that affect purchasing and vendor management decisions
· You are able to assess SOPs and playbooks to indicate and drive enhancements, improvements, and the addition of relevant use cases.
· Proficient at applying account management best practices and you share this knowledge with your team.
· Account Management experience in retail or related industries
· Previous experience in international supply chain, retail, imports/exports or logistics
· Working knowledge of SQL and Data Warehouse
· E-commerce related experience
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
· Master's Degree
· High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes Highly polished communication skills: presenting to leadership and working with vendors/leadership
· Business Level English
· 4+ years of experience in Account Management/sales/business development/vendor management/consulting/retail/ecommerce with P&L or revenue center responsibility
· Bachelor's degree in business, operations, marketing, economics or a related discipline. Certificate of completion of studies is required
· 3+ years of knowledge and experience using Excel and/or Access databases