Amazon is committed to supporting businesses becoming successful Selling Partners. We enable this with services like Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA), that provides sellers with fulfillment services to store products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, which Amazon will pick, pack, ship, and provide customer service for to enable FBA sellers to scale their business and reach more customers. Often, Selling Partners may procure inventory from overseas origins, such as China, South-East Asia, requiring them to independently navigate the complexity of international freight-forwarding, shipping, and customs clearance. Global Mile team solves for this Selling Partner pain-point by offering Global Logistics solutions, with full suite of international shipping, customs clearance and storage solutions. In summary, with FBA, Selling Partners get free shipping to an Amazon fulfillment center, and with Global Mile, the same Selling Partners get an integrated, affordable, and reliable, one-stop operating solution to ship inventory from international locations to the fulfillment centers in US, EU, UK and JP.
Global Mile seeks exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, customer centric, sales individual, who wants to be part of this journey, and be part of the North America Sales and Business team, responsible for recruiting new FBA Sellers to Global Mile and managing key accounts.
As part of this role, this individual will be responsible for pulling together a sales territory plan, reach out to Sellers based in the US, approach, educate, and engage with them introduce them to Global Mile solutions, and onboard them to our platform. This individual will be responsible to improve conversion rates and increase commitment through understanding Seller’s business requirements, matching it with Global Mile's supply chain solutions. In addition, this person will be responsible for supporting high quality of seller experience, gathering voice of seller, trouble-shooting seller issues with operations teams, and maintain high seller satisfaction results to prevent them from churning. Success in the role is measured, among other factors, from high seller adoption, shipper commitment, segment penetration, high repeat and low attrition and QoQ growth, successfully navigating the challenges and supply chains headwinds emanating from the global pandemic.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and business background that enables them to successfully identify and convert opportunities with a high degree of customer obsession. The successful candidate should also be a self-starter who has the ability for problem solving. Qualified individuals must be comfortable to mine data, analyze reports for identifying high impact targets and opportunities. The successful candidate must be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and with cross-functional teams, located across US, China, EU.
Key job functions for the Sales and Account Manager include:
· Generate lead-pool of strong prospects on your own, and in collaboration with Marketing teams.
· Develop and employ proven mechanisms to recruit Sellers at scale
· Approach and acquire Sellers against lead list; meet or exceed Sales targets (e.g. Seller launch, shipping volumes)
· Identify, qualify, and cultivate Seller’s commitment to our products/services.
· Develop annual, and quarterly sales plans, and contribute to strategic sales and account management plans and documents for the organization.
· Track, analyze and review Seller performance metrics to make recommendations and identify high-growth / high volume opportunities in your assigned segments
· Forecast sales pipeline and seller-level demand forecast to feed long-range demand forecast (e.g. annual) and short range forecast (next 6 weeks) to facilitate procurement and operations planning
· forecast Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track account information and status of prospective Sellers and respond to business forecasts
· Build strong relationships with Selling Partners across the portfolio; proactively build joint business plan, action items and escalate for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns using existing team processes. Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely, accurate and professional operational support to all Selling Partners.
· Understand, capture and resolve business needs of managed Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Advocate for Sellers, anticipate Sellers’ supply chain needs, and bring Seller insights back to internal partners, working with sales peers and partner teams (e.g. Operations, Product, Marketing, Pricing) to co-innovate solutions that meet seller needs, where such solutions don’t exist today, and for continuous product and process improvements
· Form strong partnership with external/cross-org Global Account Management teams that also support Selling Partners with specialized services complementary to Global Mile.
· Exemplify Amazon mechanisms to structure, present and communicate information and strategic business cases to partners teams and management.
· Practice strong data-driven sales performance reporting structure and cadence. Publish weekly sales reports, highlights, lowlights and call-outs for help needed.
· Co-create new Standard Operating Procedures, new reporting tools, dashboards, and program structures to build on the existing. Cross-pollinate ideas with other internal teams to relentlessly globalize, standardize and automate.
· Collaborate with other internal departments to support the improvement of tools (e.g. CRM, Operations Dashboards) and processes to enhance the Selling Partner experience and drive productivity for Account Managers.
· Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
· Excellent process improvement and project management skills
· Demonstrated ability to analyze data, and formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
· High energy, solution focused with a passion for Seller experience
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines. Strong organizational and workload management skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
· Self-starter who is excited about technology and e-commerce environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor Degree.
· 5+ years of sales, account management and business development experience in international transportation, freight forwarding, logistics, supply chain or related space
· 3+ years of experience selling international supply chain solutions in a business-to-business (B2B) environment
· 3+ years of experience using CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce) to manage and forecast sales pipeline
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Demonstrated experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Excel, Tableau, Microsoft Office Suites, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.