At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online around the world, this is your chance to make history.
About Global Mile: Global Mile is responsible for providing FBA Sellers a one stop shop for international transportation service, providing end to end supply chain solutions for our Customers. Eliminating borders for buyers and sellers, Global Mile facilitates Amazon's expansion into a rapidly growing list of countries, creating new logistical benchmarks and "firsts" through disruptive innovation. Global Mile is a multicultural, multilingual team works with merchants, sellers, providers, governments and trade officials from the busiest to the most remote locations around the world, applying a global perspective with a local approach. Our mission is “Every supplier. Every location. Every customer on Earth”.
About the Hiring Team: Newly formed in 2020, the Adoption Team of Global Mile in the EU is a key enabler of this vision, working closely with EMEA Based FBA sellers to Market the new service, support them with joining the program, and become a trusted advisor in helping them grow through Global Mile. This team works closely with Product teams of Global Mile and also recruitment teams across Marketplace teams in UK and Europe. The objective over the next few years is to scale significantly the usage of Global Mile within European FBA Sellers, and along the way help make it a product that sellers love!
About the Role: We are looking for an Account Manager, who will help recruit and manage top EMEA Based FBA Sellers using the Global Mile product, and thereby helping to drive overall EU adoption goals. As part of this role, this individual will be responsible to improve conversion rates and increase commitment through understanding Seller’s business requirements and matching them with opportunities within Global Mile's offering, and being the first Global Mile point of contact for the Seller. In addition, this individual will be responsible for select strategic/operational projects or functions within Adoption team over time.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Recruitment of Large/Medium FBA Sellers into the Global Mile Shipping Solution and to meet or exceed Sales targets
· Ownership of the Account Management including forecasting, troubleshooting, seller education etc. This will include tracking and analysing Seller metrics to understand Seller Experience and performance and ownership of operational requirements related to Account Management
· Contribute to the development of internal content and Processes
· Understand and utilize Salesforce.com / CRM tools to track account information and status of prospective Sellers and respond to business forecasts
· Advocate for Sellers, anticipate Sellers’ supply chain needs, and bring Seller insights back to internal product and operational teams for continuous product and process improvements
The ideal candidate will possess both a strong sales and business development interest /background that enables them to successfully identify and convert opportunities with a high degree of customer obsession. The successful candidate should also be a self-starter who has the ability for problem solving.
Qualified individuals must be comfortable to talk to sellers, develop recruitment plans, and analyze reports and lead strategic seller focused initiatives. The successful candidate must be prepared to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment and with cross-functional teams, globally.
· High preference for business development and sales roles/work
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Strong ownership, bias for action, and discipline in establishing and improving processes.
· Ability to self-manage, prioritise and deliver results, meeting tight deadlines
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization
· Self-starter who is excited about technology and e-commerce environment
· Proficiency in German or French would be preferred (Ability to communicate for Business/work).
· Exposure/experience within Supply chain/Transport Industry would be beneficial (but not mandatory)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· Bachelor Degree required, ideally in a Quantitative field or Business Administration
· 2+ years of experience using MS Applications (PPT, Excel)
· 2+ years Sales / Business Development Experience