Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Canada public sector market? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking a Mid-Market Account Manager to help build the Federal Government business market across Canada. The WWPS Canada Account Manager will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within this market segment.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target across Canada, establishing those relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for the Canada public sector business and ensure it's in line with the overall business strategy.
· Work with the senior management to create a prioritized action plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
· Research and identify new opportunities for the Canada Government, including specific prospects/partners to approach with a technical value proposition for using AWS.
· Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key Federal Government market segments.
· Ability to travel up to 30% within country.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
· Degree, preferably in business administration or related field.
· Experience driving sales and business development in the Canada Government.
· Experience working within the technology industry and working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies.
· Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
· Working knowledge of ICT strategy within the Canada public sector procurement models.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and French.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of sales/business development and/or program/product management experience.
·3+ years of experience in the Canadian Government or other Public Sector environment.